Monday, August 1, 2011

Time and Writing

A word from the adviser:

Time is short. Before you know it, you have already spent most likely 1 minute trying to decide which you should do first. (Believe me, I have spent over a minute trying to decide what I should do at this very moment.) Teachers and students, for instance have so many things to accomplish in a short span of time. The selected few know how to manage their schedule while the rest miserably wipe the sweat off their brow in order to beat the deadline.

I belong to the latter. I enjoy the pressure and adrenalin rushing into my brain. I can produce output in the nick of time. However not all (hitherto I am swallowing my pride) are of excellent quality. I can not help but share what has happened while I was writing the first two paragraphs of this short essay.

While writing this to you my husband asked, "what are you writing?".
"I am telling my students to devote time to writing so that it can be done properly." I then read to him what I had already wrote as evidenced above.
My husband then replied, "Oh, well why didn't you just use that sentence instead of the whole paragraphs"
He is sleeping in the living room tonight.

The lesson is write simply, succinctly and it will be much clearer. Gloss over your output not once but several times. Quality output can only take place when you devote time.

08-01-11

to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment